Paper Shredders have a great importance in every workplace, and here are some reasons why:
1. Identity Fraud
- Prevent the risk of having personal credentials stolen
- Prevent any data breach
- This applies to both personal and corporate usage
2. Law and Regulations
- Certain workplaces have different confidentiality levels of documents to be destroyed
- Choose the shredder most ideal with its cut size (Cross cut, micro cut, etc) - we will elaborate on this further below!
3. Clutter and Fire Hazards
- Shredding will save space, reduce clutter and facilitate recycling
- Excess stacks of paper may be potential fire hazards, so shredding is a viable option!
Not sure on what type of shredder to get? Follow our guide below to learn more about the different types of shredders!
Step 1: Where are you using your shredder?
- Home, small office, large office, commercial use
Step 2: Decide on the shredder size and bin capacity that you will need
- A short video of the various types of HSM shredders as a guide - models might vary, do check with us with your requirements and we will assist you!
Home shredder HSM SECURIO-C18 Shredder (Micro Cut 8 Sheets)
Small office shredder HSM B-Series Shredders
Large office shredder HSM SECURIO B35 Series
Step 3: What are the items that need to be shredded commonly?
- Check the shredder product description: e.g. Staples, Paper Clips, Credit Cards, CDs, DVDs
Step 4: Decide on the security level required for your workspace - The higher the number, the finer the cut
- Strip-cut machines or also known as straight-cut machines shred the paper into long vertical strips.
- Cross-cut machines further divide the strips into smaller pieces.
- Micro-cut machines render your documents to tiny particles, virtually impossible to reassemble and read.
- Cross cut and micro cut shreds will take up less space, thus less frequent emptying of bins!
- Smaller cuts also produce less noise.
- Straight Cut (P1) | Straight Cut (P2) | Cross Cut (P3) | Cross Cut (P4) | Micro Cut (P5) | Micro Cut (P6) | Super Micro Cut (P7)
Step 5: Look out for additional key features that you require
- Noise level
- Duty cycle (Run time): Manual feeding, Continuous shredding
- Safety features
- Eco-friendly / Energy saving mode
- Auto feed / Manual feed - you may learn more about the comparisons here!