Choosing the right feed for shredders in your office will save time and effort to destroy confidential, sensitive information.
Some points to think about:
- Space constraints
- Any noise requirements?
- Paper size commonly used in the workplace: A3 or A4?
Here are some comparisons for you to weigh the pros and cons for manual feed vs. auto feed shredders.
- Shreds faster
- Requires human intervention
- Lower noise level
- Has a limit to the amount that can be shredded
- Shreds slower
- Minimum human intervention
- Higher noise level
- Usually bulky
- Can shred higher volumes of paper
- Only able to shred A4 paper
Some shredders offer both auto and manual feed as well, such as this Fellowes AutoMax-100M Shredder (Micro Cut 100 Sheets).
This video below will show how both feeds can be used:
The choice is selective, and it all depends on the needs of your workplace.
With these factors in mind, you will be able to easily make a decision now!